The industrial grade crepe pan. Made of blue steel, this crepe pan is designed to be used at higher temperatures than other conventional pans, including preheating and cooking without oil.
This pan requires seasoning before and after each use to obtain non stick properties, longevity and to prevent rusting. Refer to instructions below
- 1.5mm – 2.0mm blue steel construction
- Excellent heat conductor
- Withstand high temperatures and allows fir longer preheating
- Hard wearing and easy to season to attain its own patina/non-stick properties
- Safe for use with metal utensils once seasoned and its natural non-stick properties are present
- Suitable for all heat sources including induction
- Does not retain odours due to the high density metal construction
- Requires only minimal care – not advisable for dishwasher use
- 18cm diameter
Care and Seasoning Instructions:
- On first use – rinse the fry pan with very hot water and wipe dry.
1. Pour 1cm of oil into the pan and heat on medium heat for 5 minutes or until the oil starts to bubble.
2.Turn off the heat.This first step will even out any existing oily spots ln the pan.
3. Wait for the pan to cool down and discard the oil wiping any excess off with a paper towel.
4. You will notice the pan will start to darken and lose its marks and spots.
5. Repeat steps 1-3 another two or three times.
6. The more frequently the pan is used, the better the performance and non stick capabilities.
7. The darker it becomes the better it is for natural non-stick properties.
8. To ensure that the pan keeps its properties and in order to avoid oxidisation, wash it in hot tap water immediately after use and then wipe it immediately with a paper towel.
9. It may then be thinly oiled if you wish and stored in a dry place.